Tuesday, March 18, 2008

For You

This is for you,
A ‘you’ who’s like the me I’ve wanted to be

Lets get rid of this clutter, where we bother to care
To care for things only material,
Where joy and greed seem to be a pair...
I was told anything in excess can be dire,
Then why is there so much logic,
Are the demons at some trick?
So much materialism, so much money..
Have started to hate this monotony!

Why is it that I feel such a yearning
All we long for is "a sense of belonging"?
Why is there lies, there is so much stress
You and I, together.. I want to fix this mess
This is not the you I’ve known
Not the one whom time has outgrown

Lets be birds and make a new tale
Come on, don’t you know
Its not 'you', its a new 'me' that I had loved
Yes I have to confess, I need that again
Lets take to the skies and become insane...

Deep down, I know I’ve chosen you
Because I want to be a child all new
Innocent, non-manipulative and fair,
A child who dreams to dare
Unlike the grown ups whose dreams are a show
And then they get caught in not letting go..
Life becomes purpose driven, mind loses sheen,
Why worry so much, lets let go!

Lets craft a world where we are birds,
Where our thoughts don wings...
Where we rise and fall....with equal ease
I know its you....who can make this possible
The material world CAN become feeble…
Beauty, fun and adventure will behold
As the child in me learns to unhold

Then there will be no 'me' who searches for a 'you'
All I would say is I love you…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gr8 n absolutely fantastic n touching the strings of HEART