Wonder what I’m trying to attempt to pen down on this lazy Tuesday morning… I’m brain fried after last week’s experience with my project guide (Actually, he doesn’t even deserve a mention here!) Anyways.. guess it’s all a part n parcel of being a “student”… At times I feel like questioning this basic idea of “the need is yours, u needed the project so be prepared for their weird ways of “not interactin with u”… Ok, so this post is headin towards I’m frustrated syndrome… I’m gonna write abt it here coz the title of the post is random thoughts… so I guess it allows me to write anything n everything as long as it’s random!
Comin back to my question, isn’t it like succession planning.. where u are passin on ur learnings to the younger generation bcoz as John Maynard Keynes has said, “in the long run.. we all die”… Come on, I mean, even I’ll do it when I’ll be someone’s proj guide… I’ll pass on my learnings, right? So what’s the big deal about throwin so much attitude???
I know I’m appearin too saturated… but its not that I don’t respect seniors (read the tribe of teachers and guides) but not just bcoz they r so… Inevitably, I end up comparing him to my boss in UHDE and that’s where trouble begins… I need to understand it’s not a big deal! It’s just a two month summer internship… guess I’ll enjoy readin this later when I grow up to someone’s proj guide... Sure, it will be fun!
Wonder what are the roots of this… all of us say this to ourselves – “had I been in the other person’s shoes, I would not have behaved this way…” n then wonder what happens when we play the same role later on in life… we become nagging wives, rigid n inflexible husbands, strict parents n demanding bosses! I don’t have answers to these but would love to know what triggers it all! Blame it on the attitude again – where the boss thinks I’ve been thro so much, this junior is havin it so easy… where the mother-in-law thinks my days as a daughter-in-law were hell n look at her.. she has all that she can ask for! I’m not writin this out of instinct, but lately, I’ve come across people who’ve given me a lot of negativity about life when u r on our own, with in-laws… Again, it’s easier said than done.. These ppl who were so upset about their scheme of things, need to be in the other person’s shoes, too… it all boils down to this attitude of being open-minded.. If that doesn’t work, be a rebel! Hell yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Neha,
Thoughts are like waves arising in Ocean, its very nature is to rise & fall & you are like Ocean which is calm and still as whole. Wave is in Ocean but Ocean is not just the wave but much much more and deeper than wave.SO you are not thoughts but the pure silence within you which is the source.Once you identify with real you, the external things stop shall automatically stop bothering you. I like your blog on" Random Thoughts" whcich arouse in "Pure" you.
Virag.
To every action there is a reaction....and then before we know it...our life becomes nothing but a collection of reactions...
Sadly, v never act...for example....ur project guide must be acting like this cause he must have been treated like shit in his summers....and now he is reacting by treating you badly...and you have mentioned you would do the same perhaps....and the cycle continues...
This is karma I guess....karma that you, me and so many others gather...just because all our life is only reacting and not acting...
Post a Comment