Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rock on...

Don’t know what makes me write this today… Whatever it is, I think it’s gonna be one awesome experience…writing my first blog! My mind’s quite blank as I write this & is thinking of weird topics to write about... First thing that comes to mind is time… how it has changed over the years and wonder how it amazes me everytime with something new to offer, something totally fresh… giving me butterflies in the tummy, imagining how things will unfold and how my world would evolve before its next surprise rolls out! Its amazing how these things hold promise and hope every single time!
How many times do we say this to ourselves – times have changed… in my time, this wasn’t how it used to be… Oh God! How time flies…!!!
Most of us get an overwhelming feeling whenever we reflect back on our typical transitions – the farewell from school …that typical transition of a teenager with mixed feelings of leaving school and ahoy! the world of college beckons…not wearing the uniform, sharing music more than tution notes, the first bite of the canteen samosa and ofcourse can I forget the thrill of riding a two wheeler!!!! We invariably get nostalgic and smile to ourselves … :) That first crush when it feels like time has frozen… n then before u know, u realize – Oh.. better luck next time! There are desperate times too.. when u r trying hard to crack that 12th exam n the results turn out otherwise.. Our parents tell us this is not the end of the world but then for us.. it appears like that! Because our world was defined that way…Then again times change, life moves on.. U become a graduate n realize all that was so much fun inspite of the tension! Its amazing how this holds true for all of us, without any any any exception, whatsoever!
I used to think that I’ve grown over that phase now… when I was a rebellious girl (I’ve to confess, guys in my class had my nick as “don”!) but time has surprised me yet again… the contexts have changed but the intensity’s pretty much the same… used to hate Mumbai initially… never thought “good people” can exist here! Four years down the line found my “angel” right here! Never thought I would work in a typical engineering environment…Oh my my… My job was hardcore stuff! Gave CAT thrice, got calls too! Finally have opted for welingkar’s… through cet! The consistency of change has really been awesome!
Had a kickass first year in the b-school, was a total tomboy in school and now in Welingkar’s all close friends are from the fairer sex! I’m sure this is gonna rock on… getting a placement, a new boss, getting married, discovering my husband… my in-laws :P… I’m sure its gonna be one overwhelming, awesome, terrific, rockin’ experience!!!
To sum it up for my first post… here’s my favourite line about time and change … this is a from a song by Jagjit Singh – “Waqt rehtaa nahi kahin tik kar, iski aadat bhi aadmi si hai…”
Think it’s the most apt quote ever!

2 comments:

Rohan Athalye said...

Its a skill to look at those beautiful memories by peeping into nostalgia and smiling even after they have passed away long time back...

Neha, you have done just that...found a reflection of your own happiness over time

Keep writing :)

Pearl said...

Neha!!!!! Supppppperrr!! uve got ure on blog!! ok, its sunday morning here & I read your first post & theres a smile stuck on my face!!! uve donw a beautiful job with capturing those memories & more so uve done it in a way that I can soooo relate to!!!! cant wait for ure other posts!!!!!